Zeeland Youth Dance Company (ZYDC)
what is zydc?
The Zeeland Youth Dance Company is an auditioned ensemble that provides opportunities for experienced dancers in grades 5-12 to learn and perform choreography throughout the community. ZYDC members show a strong love of dance, and a passion for sharing dance with others.
Tulip Time Parade
- Date: May 6
- Location: Downtown Holland
- Date: June 11, 12, 13
- Location: DeWitt Auditorium
- Ticket sales begin: May 19
2019-20 Company Packet
- Company Roster
- Company Contract
- ZPS Volunteer System Instructions
- 2019 - 20 Calendar
- Tuition Statement
ZYDC DANCE CAMP (required of all members)
- 2020-21 Camp Dates: July 20-24
NUVO DANCE CONVENTION
- NUVO Info Packet 2020
- Dates: March 20 - 22
- Payment One Due: October 7
- Payment Two Due: January 20
2020-21 ZYDC AUDITIONS
To audition, students must be entering grades 5-12, available to rehearse on a weekly basis, and be able to attend a technique class at least once a week throughout the school year. All dancers with experience in ballet are welcome. Some experience with jazz is useful, but not required.
- Registration for Auditions: Opens April 15
- Register for Auditions Here
- Audition Fees: $15 (Feb 10-June 6) | $20 (June 7-22) | $25 (day of audition)
- ZYDC Audition Form: Available on Tue, Feb 11
- Informational Meeting: Thur, May 7 @ 8:15pm (Lokers Auditorium)
- 5th-8th Grade Audition: June 23 | 4:30-7pm
- 9th-12th Grade Audition: June 23 | 7-9:30pm
- Location: Zeeland Recreation, Studio A
Meet Our Dance Instructors
Rachel earned her BA in dance performance and choreography with an emphasis in education from Hope College. While at Hope, she performed extensively, the highlight being two seasons touring with Strike Time Dance Company, an ensemble aimed at educating K-5th grade students about the art of dance. She has enjoyed expanding an offering of high quality pre-school and introductory courses into a comprehensive program that includes advanced beginning and intermediate classes. Ms. Plaggemars emphasizes on ballet training as a foundation for well-rounded dancers and has loved watching her students grow technically and artistically through the program.
Cydney graduated from Hope College with her BA in dance and religion education. While at Hope, Cydney was involved in the Sacred Dance Ministry, Sigma Omicron, and a winner of the Florence Cavanaugh award. She has choreographed for, and performed in various student dance concerts at Hope, and has also presented choreography at Hope’s Veritas Forum. Cydney has been teaching at Zeeland Recreation for eight years, and is involved in the Zeeland High School Dance Program. Over the years, she has enjoyed watching her students grow in technique, stage presence, and artistry. Cydney enjoys helping students to not only learn a variety of dance genres and styles, but to also create their own works of movement art.